DefenVid is a nutraceutical which is ideal for enhancing the body’s defense mechanisms, combating situations that disrupt the immune system and activating natural defenses.
Benefits and Indications
DefenVid is recommended for strengthening the immune system.
Convalescence and Weakness
With DefenVid the symptoms of weakness, tiredness and fatigue improve.
Physical and Mental Stress
DefenVid is recommended for strengthening the body in times of physical and mental stress.
Chills and Colds
DefenVid is recommended for enhancing the body’s defenses in times of chills and colds.
- Persons wishing to strengthen their immune system.
- Persons in situations of convalescence, illness, tiredness, physical and mental stress.
- Persons with dietary imbalance.
- Persons in situations of special dietary care and in cases which require supplementary nutritional intake, e.g. children and seniors.
- Lipoprotein Complex of Marine Origin -
DefenVid is a lipoprotein complex of marine origin extracted from the muscle of the marine species T. trachurus (Atlantic horse mackerel, Carangidae family) by non-denaturing biotechnological processes which preserve the natural properties of the active ingredients.
- High Biological Value Marine Proteins -
DefenVid contains high biological value marine proteins; essential amino acids; natural omega-3 and -6 fatty acids; vitamins D, A, B6 and B12; and minerals (magnesium, iron and iodine).
Studies and scientific publications
Activation of Human Lymphocytes
In human lymphocytes, E-JUR-94013® has a clear activating effect, showing that its consumption favors cell immunity.
Blood samples from healthy volunteers were exposed to different doses of E-JUR-94013® and the activation of CD4+, CD8+ and CD19+ lymphocytes was analyzed by studying the expression of specific activation markers.DefenVid® (E-JUR-94013®) causes the activation of human lymphocytes, which are a main component of a body’s defense system.
Regulation of immunological parameters in humans
A daily supplement with DefenVid® (E-JUR-94013®) regulates immunological parameters in patients with disruption of the number of white blood cells.
DefenVid® (E-JUR-94013®), 3 capsules/day for 3 months, normalized the cellular pattern of the immune system in 205 persons over 50 years of age with an irregular number of leukocytes or white blood cells. Persons with high numbers of leukocytes returned to normal ranges, and those with low numbers of leukocytes recovered normal values.
Immunomodulation of the white blood series
Study of the effects on the immune system of supplementation with DefenVid® (E-JUR-94013®) in 1,500 individuals.
Immunomodulation of the white blood series.
DefenVid®, 3 capsules/day for 3 months causes a modulatory effect on the immune system, significantly increasing the number of white blood cells in 1,500 subjects between 1 and 98 years of age.
Regulation of inflammatory response
DefenVid®, 3 capsules/day for 3 months, caused a significant lowering of C-reactive protein levels in blood in 1,500 subjects. C-reactive protein is a systemic inflammation marker and its disruption is associated with inflammatory pathologies and is considered a cardiovascular disease risk factor.
1. Lombardi VRM, Cacabelos R. E-JUR-94013® marine fish extract: Neuroimmunological studies in adult sprague-dawley rats. 1st Euroconference on marine natural Products. Athens 1997, 2-6 November.
2. Lombardi WRM, Lopez P, Corzo L, Fernandez-Novoa L, Alvarez X A, Zas R, Cacabelos R. Immunological Studies in Pigs Supplemented with E-JUR-94013 Marine Fish Extract During the Weaning Process. 2nd Euro Conference on Marine Natural Products. Santiago de Compostela 12th-16th Nov. 1997.
3. Yaqoob P. Monounsaturated fats and immune function. Braz J Med Biol Res 1998, 31(4): 453-465.
4. Calder PC. Polyunsaturated fatty acids, inflammation, and immunity. Lipids 2001, 36(9):1007-24.
5. Calder PC, Kew S. The immune system: a target for functional foods? Br J Nutr 2002, 88 (Suppl 2): S165-77.
6. Calder PC, Yaqoob P, Thies F, Wallace FA, Miles EA. Fatty acids and lymphocyte functions. Br J Nutr 2002, 87 (Suppl 1): S31-48.
7. Lombardi VRM, Fernandez-Novoa L, Corzo D, Zas R, Cacabelos R. Enhancement in Immune Function and Growth Using E-JUR-94013®. Methods Find Exp Pharmacol 2002, 24(9): 573:578.
8. Njoku O, Ononogbu IC, Ibe CU, Nwanguma BC, Iwueke AV. Lipid Composition Of Two Marine Fishes – Scomber scombrus And Trachurus trachurus. Animal Research International 2004, 1 (3): 173-175.
9. Cacabelos R. Role of the Nutrition in Prevention of Alzheimer Disease. Aging Health 2005, 1: 359-362.
10. Lombardi VRM, Fernandez-Novoa L, Etcheverria I, Seoane S, Cacabelos R. Effects of fish-derived lipoprotein extracts on activation markers, Fas expression and apoptosis in peripheral blood lymphocytes. International Immunopharmacology 2005, 5: 253-262.
11. Corzo L, Vallejo AI, Antelo AM, Lombardi V, Cacabelos R. E-JUR-94013®: A nutraceutical compound with immunomodulatory effects in the elderly. IPA 2007, Osaka Silver Congress. 14-18 October.
12. Damsgaard CT, Lauritzen L, Kjaer TM, Holm PM, Fruekilde MB, Michaelsen KF, Frøkiaer H. Fish oil supplementation modulates immune function in healthy infants. J Nutr 2007, 137(4):1031-6.
13. Nazemroaya S, Sahari MA, Rezaei M. Identification of Fatty Acid in Mackerel (Scomberomorus commersoni) and Shark (Carcharhinus dussumieri) Fillets and Their Changes during Six Month of Frozen Storage at -18°C. J Agr Sci Tech 2011, Vol. 13: 553-566.
14. Yazdi PG. A review of the biologic and pharmacologic role of docosapentaenoic acid n-3. F1000Research 2013, 2:256.
15. Adeyemi OT, Osilesi OO, Onajobi F, Adebawo O, Afolayan AJ. Effect of processing on the vitamins (A and E) and fatty acid content of trachurush trachurus. Sky Journal of Biochemistry Research 2013, Vol. 2(3): 9 – 21.
16. Skarke C, Alamuddin N, Lawson JA, Li X, Ferguson JF, Reilly MP, FitzGerald GA. Bioactive products formed in humans from fish oils. J Lipid Res 2015, 56(9):1808-20.
17. Kunisawa J, Arita M, Hayasaka T, Harada T, Iwamoto R, Nagasawa R, Shikata S, Nagatake T, Suzuki H, Hashimoto E, Kurashima Y, Suzuki Y, Arai H, Setou M, Kiyono H. Dietary ω3 fatty acid exerts anti-allergic effect through the conversion to 17,18-epoxyeicosatetraenoic acid in the gut. Sci Rep 2015, 5:9750.
Information and data sheet
Nutritional values per capsule
|Nutritional data (per capsule)|
|Energy value||1,2 kcal (4,9 kJ)|
Warnings and Precautions
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Not to be taken by persons with an allergy to any of the components of its formulation.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- DefenVid® must not be taken by persons with phenylketonuria. Phenylketonuria is a hereditary metabolic disorder characterized by the deficiency of an enzyme, phenylalanine hydroxylase, required for the conversion of phenylalanine into other substances required by the organism. Phenylalanine is an amino acid, a basic component of proteins, and is therefore present in most foods.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Boxes of 30 hard gelatin capsules.
- Content per capsule:
– 250 mg of lyophilized E-JUR-94013® extract.
- Keep in a cool, dry place.
- 3 capsules/day with meals.
- Its consumption is recommended for a minimum period of three months.
Ask your physician or pharmacist about the health benefits of taking these nutrients as part of your daily diet.